Content Repurposing: 6 Places to Look for Content You Can Use Again!Aug 07, 2020
We’ve all been there - it's 3 pm, we're sitting at the computer and staring at a blank screen. You want to scream, "I’ve been talking about my business for 1, 5, or even 10 years now, there’s nothing new to say!"
And that feeling is valid. There’s not much that's really new in this world nowadays anyway, am I right?
But the good news is, we can get more mileage from things that we’ve already taken the time to create.
With algorithms, we underestimate how many people are seeing something that we’ve posted on social media. We think, "oh, I've already shared that," when the majority of your people missed it the first time.
For instance, less than 6% of your followers on Facebook pages will see your posts….sad but true - so get it out there more than once!
You should feel free and liberated to re-use content to your heart’s content!
How to get the most mileage from NEW Content
When you are sharing a new blog post or podcast, we can optimize sharing across platforms to get the most out of its debut - so let's start there.
Here’s the ideal strategy for getting the most out of NEW content, beginning with your core content first.
- Create a large piece of content, this would be a Facebook Live, or a podcast
- Repurpose that content into a blog
- Let people know that it’s out there, via an email to your list
- The last step is to break out some main points from the core content and share it to social media, linking back to the original piece of content
From there, whenever you get stuck, you can do a content treasure hunt in your already existing online presence!
How to Maximize Existing Content
As we said above, sometimes we just can't think of anything new to say - so let's go back in time to content we've already created and give it a new life! Here are 6 places to look for content you can use again, plus a couple of ideas to get you started!
1. Your website:
- Share the recommended tools or resources you use and explain why in social posts. You can also include affiliate links!
- Write a blog post about the recommended tools/resources you love
2. Your blog:
- Share a link to an older, but still relevant, blog post
- Go live on social and present the points from an older blog post via video - link back to the original blog post
3. Facebook Lives or other videos that you’ve posted:
- Download the video from Facebook and upload it to your YouTube channel, or IGTV
- Share an email with a link back to the video
4. Instagram posts
- Re-share a caption with a new image, or an image you've already used with a new caption. DM me on Instagram for my favorite hack to do this quickly!
- Share your existing posts to IG Stories
5. Podcast episodes - your own, or ones where you’ve been the guest:
- Write out the content into a blog post and link to the epsiode
- Email your list a round up of recent podcast guest spots
6. Existing Emails that you’ve sent to your list:
- Rewrite into captions for social media posts
- Go live and share the information in a short video
So, did you find any gems that you can repurpose in a new way? Tell me about them in the comments!
Stuck on what to post on social media?
Never run out of ideas again with my Social Media Content That Connects worksheet below!